10 Best Survey Tools & Software for 2022
The process of creating, distributing, and analyzing surveys shouldn’t be a tedious chore that requires a full team to handle. The best survey tools can turn customer feedback management into an easy, repeatable process that will let you focus on what’s the most important—acting on the insights you collected.
But each company’s needs are different, and “the best survey tool” will mean something else for every professional.
To help you make the right call, we assembled this (subjective) list of the ten best survey tools for 2022.
We highlighted their main functionalities, features, and prices to make your decision easier.
So, read on—and find the tool that meets all your needs!
If you’re after an easy-to-use yet powerful, all-in-one customer experience platform, Survicate’s here for you.
Survicate is a survey, NPS, and feedback management software that helps businesses capture customer feedback and deliver a better customer experience. It allows users to create on-brand surveys in minutes, distribute them via multiple channels, and analyze the results easily with real-time, automated reports.
Survicate works for any use case (product research, marketing, customer success, you name it) and supports 19 native, one-click integrations. It’s a perfect choice for scaling companies that want to focus on gathering feedback and using it to drive growth—with no time wasted implementing complicated software or manually digging through results.
With all the customer journey touchpoints covered and unlimited seats for your team members, Survicate will let you get your whole company involved and put customer feedback at the heart of your business.
Just play with the NPS survey template below to see an example of what your surveys (distributed via a link, in this case) might look like!
- Intuitive, fully customizable survey creator
- 15 question types (with an unlimited number of questions per survey) and 125+ survey templates
- Smart surveys: skip logic, custom actions and redirects, previous answer attribution
- Real-time report dashboard with word-cloud-based text response analysis
- Native integrations with the tools such as Intercom, HubSpot, Slack, Google Sheets, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and more
- Recurring website surveys (set up survey re-runs in regular intervals)
- Survey distribution via email, link, website, in-product surveys, and mobile apps (with a mobile SDK)
- Partial submissions (even if the respondent doesn’t finish the survey, we still save their answers)
Survicate subscription plans start with $89 a month. You can choose to be billed monthly or annually.
The plans mostly vary in the number of responses available. For each plan, you can extend the number of responses for an additional fee.
Survicate also offers a freemium plan that lets you gather as many responses as you can for one survey for 7 days.
Notably, each plan, including the free one, includes unlimited seats and all available distribution channels.
Choose this tool if:
You’re looking for an all-in-one, flexible, easy-to-implement feedback management tool that supports multiple use cases and team collaboration.
CustomerGauge, the Account Experience platform, is here for every B2B company looking for a complete customer feedback management solution.
The term “Account Experience” was coined by CustomerGauge. It’s defined as “the intersection between experience feedback management, monetization and account-based methodologies within the B2B business model.”
CustomerGauge lets you combine customer insights gathered via surveys with revenue data—to prioritize monetization on every step of the customer experience program.
On top of the Account Experience platform, CustomerGauge also offers an Employee Experience solution as well as Professional Services (workshops and consultations).
With Customer Gauge, you can:
- Build and run surveys (NPS, eNPS, CSAT, CES) across multiple channels
- Prioritize the most important accounts with intelligent action planning
- Collect customer feedback from multiple stakeholders in an account
- Get reports with text and sentiment analysis of customer data
- Understand what matters the most for your customers by mapping feedback to changes in revenue and customer metrics
- Get general account analysis as well as individual stakeholder reports with custom dashboards
- Track how successful you are in closing the feedback loop with a case management system
To start with CustomerGauge, you need to book a demo and receive an individual offer on request.
Choose this tool if:
You’re a part of an account-focused B2B company, looking for a complex customer experience system that will let you leverage customer data to drive maximum revenue.
SurveySparrow is an experience management platform with a conversational approach to surveys. It lets you create and run omnichannel surveys, automate customer feedback processes, and analyze the results with smart reports.
With multiple survey types and formats (NPS, chat surveys, offline surveys, chatbots) and delivery methods (website, email, SMS, QR code), SurveySparrow is a mobile-first, flexible solution for businesses of all sizes.
Apart from the survey-driven Customer Experience solution, Survey Sparrow also offers Employee Experience and Product Experience tools.
- Easy-to-use survey builder that lets you create personalized surveys and choose from multiple question types
- Various distribution options: email, SMS, website pop-ups and chatbots, social shares, QR code
- Executive dashboard for easier reporting and data analysis
- Recurring survey feature, which enables users to automate and send surveys at regular intervals
- Customer journey mapping feature
- API, webhooks, and integrations
SurveySparrow offers a 14-day free trial. After that period, you can choose between personal or business plans, both available in a standard or premium version. The prices start at $39 (Personal) and $199 (Business), and you can be billed yearly or quarterly.
If you’re in need of a custom enterprise solution, you have to contact the sales team.
You can extend your monthly limit of responses and email shares for an additional fee for each plan.
The NPS and 360 Assessments products require a separate SurveySparrow subscription.
Choose this tool if:
You’re looking for a mobile-first customer experience tool that offers multiple distribution channels and various survey formats as well as reports, analytics, and automation options.
Alchemer, SurveyGizmo, transformed from a survey tool into a customer feedback management platform that supports customer-centric companies.
With Alchemer, you can design and run surveys (with many question types and branching options), set up customer feedback workflows across the whole organization, manage your contacts and close the feedback loop, as well as analyze data.
Alchemy’s core product is a self-serving survey software for individuals and small teams. However, if you need an all-encompassing customer experience management system, Alchemer also offers an Enterprise Feedback Platform and Voice of the Customer and CX Automation solution.
- A vast array of survey questions that let you run any type of survey and perform complex research
- Advanced branching and skip logic
- Multiple survey distribution channels, including an offline mode
- Native integrations that include Salesforce, Google Sheets, and Google Analytics
- Advanced automatic reports
- A/B split testing
Alzheimer’s survey software subscription plans start at $49 per month, and you can choose to be billed monthly or annually. Each plan has an unlimited number of surveys and questions per survey and vary in the number of responses and additional features.
Alchemer also offers a 7-day free trial and a free plan (with a limited number of responses and accessible features).
To purchase other Alchemer products and solutions, you need to contact the sales team.
Choose this tool if:
You’re a market researcher or CX professionals looking for an easy-to-use tool that can handle long questionnaires and complicated research projects.
If you want to run beautiful, on-brand, conversational surveys, Typeform is the tool for you.
Typeform lets you design visually engaging surveys, forms, quizzes, polls, and tests that are easy to run and fun to answer. You can distribute them via chats, email, website, or web apps.
While surveys are Typeform’s core product, the company also provides a no-code chatbot and a video app that powers asynchronous face-to-face conversations.
- Various question types, including legal and payment collection forms
- Advanced design and customization options
- Multiple ready survey templates to choose from
- Question branching and skip logic
- Multiple integrations for better survey creation, data analysis, or marketing automation
- Response breakdown and sharable reports
Typeform subscriptions start at €21 per month, and you can choose to be billed monthly or annually. The three available plans—Basic, Business, and Pro—vary in the number of responses and users, plus additional features and integrations. You can also request an individual offer for an Enterprise plan.
Typeform’s free plan lets you collect 10 responses a month.
Choose this tool if:
You’re after an uncomplicated survey tool with advanced design options.
Now a part of Momentive, SurveyMonkey is a big name in the online survey world. It’s an easy-to-navigate survey solution with flexible subscription options, which makes it perfect for scaling businesses.
SurveyMonkey’s power lies in its simplicity. The tool lets you design and customize surveys, run them via multiple channels, analyze results, and export and integrate data—nothing more, nothing less.
Apart from the SurveyMonkey software, Momentive offers a wide array of tools that enable feedback collection, customer experience or employee engagement management, market and brand researching, and more—enterprise-level clients are welcome to mix and match different solutions. However, the products require separate subscriptions (most on an individual offer basis).
- Fully customizable surveys that you can create from scratch or start with templates and sample questions
- Feedback collection via weblink, email, mobile chat, social media
- Basic analytics dashboard
- Text responses breakdown with Word Cloud and Sentiment Analysis
- Multiple integrations for deeper data analysis (however, some of them don’t automatically update contact properties with survey responses, e.g., HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, and MailChimp)
SurveyMonkey subscription plans start with $25 (billed annually), and they’re divided into individual and team versions. The plans vary in the number of available responses (for the individual plans) and additional features. You can also request a demo to purchase an Enterprise plan.
SurveyMonkey’s free plan lets you create and distribute surveys with up to 10 questions or elements. The number of responses you can collect is unlimited, but the basic plan only allows you to see a small number of them.
Choose this tool if:
You’re a scaling company looking for a simple survey tool with basic functions and an easy interface.
For those in need of a simple, mobile-ready survey solution that doesn’t break the bank, SurveyKiwi is the right choice.
SurveyKiwi is a cloud-based SaaS that lets you create, run, and analyze surveys and forms. In just a few minutes, you can have your campaign up and running on multiple devices, and it’s highly customizable and very e-commerce-friendly.
- Several customization options, including changing the color, logo, images, and fonts
- Intelligent surveys: skip logic, variables, hidden fields, built-in calculator
- Multiple distribution channels, including email, SMS, social media, or QR code (no mobile SDK or website pop-up survey options)
- E-commerce forms that support placing orders
- Simple data analysis panel
- APIs, webhooks, and integrations (with Hubspot, Google Sheets, and Google Analytics)
SurveyKiwi plans start with as low as $9 and vary in the number of responses and additional features. However, the cheapest plan allows you to collect only 100 responses. You can choose to be billed monthly or annually.
SurveyKiwi also offers an unlimited free plan that allows receiving up to 10 responses per campaign.
Choose this tool if:
You’re a small or scaling business looking for a cost-effective, mobile-first survey tool.
JotForm is an established name among online survey tools—especially those you can use for free.
With an easy interface and code-free implementation, JotForm allows you to run, distribute, and analyze surveys, forms, or PDFs. If you need a specific type of form—e.g., for event registration, work application, or restaurant order collection—JotForm most likely has you covered. The wide choice of templates makes it easy to kickstart any survey campaign.
- Drag-and-drop survey creator
- Survey distribution via a sharable link or website embed
- Over a hundred survey templates
- Conditions tool that shows or hide answers depending on the respondents’ previous answers
- A feature for table creation is available in every plan
- Smart, easily fillable PDF forms creator
- An option to pre-fill forms for the respondents
- Payment collection feature
JotForm offers three paid plans with different limits of available forms, responses, storage pace, and views. Notably, all JotForm plans include the same number of features.
The subscriptions start with $24 a month if you’re pressed for time, and you can choose to be billed monthly or annually. NGOs and educational institutions can enjoy a 50% discount. For an enterprise-level solution, you need to contact the sales team.
JotForm also offers an unlimited free plan that lets you collect up to 100 responses per month.
Choose this tool if:
You’re looking for an easy-to-use tool that lets you design and distributes specific forms, especially if you want to accept payments or create PDFs.
QuestionPro is an enterprise-oriented platform for collecting insights ranging from basic surveys to complex research.
QuestionPro’s flagship product, the survey software, is one of the market leaders in its category. It lets you create surveys (although with very limited customization options), distribute them via multiple channels, and analyze results with an automated report dashboard.
Other QuestionPro products include a market research platform, customer experience software, and an employee experience platform. These products require contact with the sales team.
- 40+ question types
- Survey library with 20+ survey themes
- Logic and branching options
- Survey distribution via email, website, social media, SMS, and more
- Shareable, real-time report dashboard
- Multiple integrations, e.g., Salesforce, Zapier, Microsoft Dynamics
QuestionPro’s individual paid plan costs $129 a month (billed annually). The basic version of Question Pro’s survey is free—however, its features and options are very limited compared to the paid plan. To purchase a plan with 5 or more seats, you need to contact the sales team.
You need separate subscriptions for other QuestionPro tools and solutions.
Nonprofit organizations can obtain a license for unlimited free access.
Choose this tool if:
You require an enterprise-level, customizable survey and customer experience tool
If you want to fix your project and feedback management, check out Mopinion.
Mopinion is an all-in-one customer feedback software that allows you to capture clients’ opinions via the website, email, or mobile app. However, you can only choose one distribution channel at a time (unless you’re on an enterprise plan).
Mopinion prides itself on its intuitive survey creator, sophisticated targeting, and context-generating options. Real-time reporting, collaboration features, and multiple integrations will let you analyze user feedback, share it with your team, and close the feedback loop.
- Drag-and-drop survey creator with many customization options
- Survey distribution via email, website, and mobile app
- Point-and-click or screenshot-based feedback collection (the user can point at the exact place in your app or on your website and leave a comment)
- Survey targeting options
- Multiple tool integrations, including project management tools like Trello or Asana
Mopinion offers three subscription options: Growth, Turbo, and Enterprise (that requires contact with the sales team to purchase)—each dedicated to businesses with different userbase sizes. The prices start with €199 a month when billed annually.
Notably, the Growth and Turbo plans offer only one distribution channel, and you cannot choose the mobile SDK for the Growth plan.
There’s no free plan available, although you can try Mopinion out with a 14-day free trial.
Choose this tool if:
You’re looking for a tool with a well-working mobile SDK and feedback management options - especially when you’re a project manager.
How to Choose the Best Survey Software for You?
Now, you know a bit more about the best free and paid survey tools on the market. But the question still stands: how to choose survey software that’s right for you?
Every survey tool, from the most basic to the most complicated one, covers three primary stages of the surveying process:
- Result collection (and analysis)
Pay attention to each of these steps when reviewing survey tools. There might be situations when, for example, the survey creator is perfect for your needs, but the distribution options are too limited.
After you complete the initial stage of your research, ask yourself the following questions before you make the final decision:
1. Is the survey tool well-suited for my use case?
Are you a marketer looking for a tool that will let you use survey results to fuel workflows and campaigns? Or maybe you’re in the product team, and your main goal is to create a feedback-driven product roadmap with a specialized product feedback tool?
If you have a specific use case in mind, check if the survey software you chose supports it. Does it integrate with your favorite tools? Does it provide the right question types? Will it fetch you the user data you need?
It might help to check customer stories and testimonials and look for use cases similar to yours.
2. Does the survey tool fit my budget?
Okay, this one seems quite obvious. However, you should always check the price for each subscription plan, especially if you want to start with the cheapest option. Make sure the tool won’t exceed your budget in case you need to scale up.
3. How long can I wait before I run my first survey?
Do you need your surveys up and running by yesterday, or do you have some time to spare? Check how easy it is to get started with your tool of choice. You probably don’t want to wait for the demo and custom implementation.
4. How many team members need access to the survey tool?
Are you going to be the only person responsible for the surveys, or do you want your team members on board? Think about your surveying needs and double the check the number of seats available for each subscription plan.
5. Am I looking for a simple survey tool or a customer experience platform?
An enterprise that wants to move its whole customer experience management system to one tool has different needs than a small business that just wants to survey a couple of clients. Check if you need all the features offered by your tool of choice, even if they look really good—maybe you’re about to pay for things that you won’t have the capacity to use anyway?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’re almost good to go. There’s just one more thing: take a look at the list of must-have survey features below, especially if it’s your first time choosing a survey tool. They’re the absolute must-haves that will allow you to run successful surveys that bring reliable results.
- Data exporting options. You need them for sharing, analyzing, and reporting on your survey results. Lots of free or budget survey tools don’t support data exports, so pay attention!
- Customizable design. Can you customize your survey to fit your brand, add your logo, or switch off the labeling?
- Integrations. Check how easy it is to integrate the survey software with your favorite tools. With smooth integrations, you’ll save a lot of time and enrich your customer experience program.
- Multiple question types. Double-check if the survey tool of your choice supports all the question formats you need.
- Survey logic. Survey skip logic will let you create various paths for respondents by omitting specific questions, showing new question branches, and segmenting users. It’s crucial to develop a personalized survey experience that will boost your completion rates.
- Targeting. If you don’t want your surveys to pop up randomly and you only need to target a specific group of website users, pay attention to targeting options.
- Automatic real-time reports. Many free or cheaper survey tools don’t include an analytics dashboard, which makes it harder to collect and interpret data. Think about what level of analytics you need and make sure your survey tool has you covered.
Customer feedback is the key to a successful, sustainable business. And the best way to capture feedback is with the help of the right survey tool.
But in the competitive survey software market, it’s hard to choose the best tool for the job. We hope that this article will help you make the right decision and discover a tool covering all your needs. Especially that most survey tools offer a free trial or even freemium versions, so you can take them for a spin risk-free.
Survicate offers an unlimited free plan that lets you check out all its functionalities before you upgrade. If you register now, you can have your first survey up and running in a few minutes. Promise!